You work hard for your money, so should your windows!
Save Energy and Money at Home and the Office
Below are some energy-saving tips for your home:
- $ Weatherize your home and building, protect it from the elements by installing 3M™ Window Film Products which can save on heating and cooling costs.
- $ Lower the thermostat on your water heater. 120° F is sufficient for many common uses. A 10° F reduction can save up to 5 percent on water heating costs.
- $ Pay attention to your thermostat settings. Air conditioning thermostats should be set no lower than 78° F; each degree you raise your temperature setting can save on air conditioning costs. 68° F is the recommended temperature to achieve similar savings when heating.
- $ Install programmable thermostats or timers to give you better control when the heat or air conditioning is on. Programmable thermostats will help you control the temperature you want to maintain.
- $ Install occupancy sensors. These inexpensive devices can reduce lighting costs by up to 40% by turning off lights in unoccupied areas.
- $ Turn off or set office equipment to power down when not in use. Turning off one computer and monitor nightly and on weekends can save up to $80 a year. And setting PCs, monitors and copiers to sleep mode when not in use can help cut energy costs by up to 50%.
- $ On hot days, close the door and draw the curtains and/or shades to keep the sun out. During the hot season, take these same steps at night and during unoccupied periods to help your building retain heat.
- $ Perform regular maintenance to keep your heating and air conditioning systems running more efficiently.
ATD is proud to offer window tint services in Washington DC, Baltimore, Northern Virginia, Frederick and surrounding counties. Window tint is an energy efficient way to protect your home from harmful UV rays, a layer of protection against unwanted entry, and a shield against fading of furniture and interior fixtures. If you’re interested in window tinting for your home or business, contact us today for more information. Our trained and highly skilled associates would love to meet any of your window tint needs.